Thursday, October 4, 2012

Mixed day

Today was a "mixed" day.

The night wasn't as good as it could have been, but no catastrophe.

In the morning Anna took the opportunity to escape down town, get some time solo, went to a few stores and had her eyebrows fixed. Meanwhile grandma Margareta and I took care of Elin, Filip and Oscar. I tried to take a nap but was so up to speed that I couldn't go to sleep. But I got to listen to Mike Old field for 30 minutes - that's a first in a long time!

After lunch I decided the aquarium needed a real cleaning. So I spent at least two hours doing that, escaping from diapers and bottles for a while. We got a new aquarium - it shines, and tells me how badly that cleaning was needed...

Anna and I (and later the kids) then made a joint venture and made cinnamon rolls. Today is "cinnamon rolls day" in Sweden, and since making cinnamon rolls once was the first way I ever made some money (selling to the neighbours) I just had to do a set of these today.

At dinner time (grandma made a very nice roast) a good friend of the family came by - saving the dinner. Elin woke up and was hungry just when dinner was ready and when the cinnamon rolls were to go into the oven. Viktoria, your arrival and the help feeding Elin was perfect timing. Thank you! And just sitting, talking and having a latte afterwards was really nice.
The evening was rounded off with reading bed time stories to the older kids - and finally crashing in front of the TV. What should have been a slow day to catch up on some sleep and just relax, became a busy day that recharged batteries that I didn't had in mind this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment